Palliative Care Week 2017, September 3-9 – Date for the Diary
Palliative Care Week aims to raise awareness of the difference palliative care can make to patients, carers and families throughout the island of Ireland. Palliative care:
- Ensures that a person with a serious and progressive condition, regardless of age or condition, can have the best possible quality of life
- Involves the person and those close to them
- Supports planning for the future
- May be appropriate for a number of years, not just the weeks and days at the end of life
- Puts the person at the centre of care whether it is provided at home, in a nursing home, hospital or hospice.
Help support Palliative Care Week by adding your voice to our Thunderclap!
If you would like to receive updates on Palliative Care Week 2017 subscribe below: