Palliative Care Week 2017, September 3-9 – Date for the Diary
Palliative Care Week aims to raise awareness of the difference palliative care can make to patients, carers and families throughout the island of Ireland. Palliative care:
- Ensures that a person with a serious and progressive condition, regardless of age or condition, can have the best possible quality of life
- Involves the person and those close to them
- Supports planning for the future
- May be appropriate for a number of years, not just the weeks and days at the end of life
- Puts the person at the centre of care whether it is provided at home, in a nursing home, hospital or hospice.
If you would like to receive updates on Palliative Care Week 2017 subscribe below: