Why not use your creativity to help others, especially those who become too ill to express their wishes.
Advance care planning (ACP) ensures that people have the opportunity to have realistic and practical discussions about where and how they would like to be cared for at the end of their life. We are inviting you to submit a short video, up to one minute long, of either your thoughts or the thoughts of someone you video answering one or more of the following:
- What is advance care planning?
- I know someone who did or didn’t make their preferences known then and this is what happened...
- When I am no longer able to make decisions for myself, who do I want involved?
- I have / haven’t made a will because…
Anyone can enter the competition and no previous film making experience is required. Entries can be recorded on smartphones tablets or digital cameras.
A number of video clips will be used to produce a promotional video for advance care planning. These along with others will be showcased on The Palliative Hub (www.thepalliativehub.com).
Entries meeting the criteria will be submitted to a draw for a £200 Ticketmaster voucher. The deadline for competition is the 12th January 2018.
For further information on advance care planning, see ‘Your life and your choices: plan ahead booklet’ https://be.macmillan.org.uk/be/p-21065-your-life-and-your-choices-plan-ahead-northern-ireland.aspx
This competition is organised by All Ireland Institute of Hospice and Palliative Care (AIIHPC) in association with the Public Health Agency, Northern Ireland and Macmillan Cancer Support
- Lead producer permission for use of video form
- Parent or guardian permission for use of video form
- Video participant permission for use of video form
- Terms and Conditions
Entries should be submitted to Dr Cathy Payne email@example.com using WeTransfer, DropBox, Google Drive or another suitable service. If required, contact Dr Cathy Payne for further guidance firstname.lastname@example.org